The Blankenburg connection is being constructed to improve the accessibility of the Rotterdam region. The new road connects the highways A15 and the A20 west of Rotterdam. Part of the project is the Maasdeltatunnel, which connects the north and south banks of Het Scheur / Nieuwe Waterweg. The tunnel is 945 meters long.
Commissioned by BAAK BBV, H5S provides the engineering and installation of the horizontal ground anchors for the construction dock and the tunnel entrance on the north bank of the Maasdeltatunnel. A total of 185 temporary strand anchors with a length of approximately 60 meters have been installed for the construction dock.
Approximately 200 permanent strand anchors with a length of approximately 50 meters are required for the tunnel entrance. The permanent strand anchors are provided with a double corrosion protection (DCP) suitable for a service life of 100 years. In addition to applying strand anchors, H5S also installed temporary and permanent grout injection anchors as well as a horizontal anchor screen construction on this project. H5S provided and assembled the anchor blocks or all anchors. In addition, a few wailing constructions were also provided by H5S.
Some main points:
- Preparation of the necessary calculations and drawings;
- Heaviest anchors consisting of 17-strand strand anchors up to 70 meters in length;
- Temporary anchors fitted with a riser as a measure against existing rises;
- Production and installation of anchor seats and purlins in accordance with NEN1090-2 EXC3 + ROK requirements;
- Pre-drill locally for underground ground obstructions.
Projects like these give H5S the chance to showcase the versatility of our competences.